Comment on page
Keeping users safe and secure is a top priority for us at Amity. We welcome the contribution of external security researchers.
If you believe you’ve found a security issue in any software, service, or website governed by Amity, we encourage you to notify us.
Projects governed by Amity can sometimes allow unsafe things by design. This unsafe behaviour should be explicitly documented and, if it is, is not considered a security issue.
There are no hard and fast rules to determine if a bug is worth reporting as a security issue or a “regular” issue. When in doubt, please do send us a report.
Security issues can be reported by sending an email to [email protected], which will go to all relevant team members. The team will acknowledge your email within 48 hours and you will receive a more detailed response within a week.
We will create a security meeting to discuss internally, and if/when needed, invite you to discuss the issue with us.
Amity supports safe harbor for security researchers who:
- Make a good faith effort to avoid privacy violations, destruction of data, and interruption or degradation of our services
- Only interact with accounts you own or with explicit permission of the account holder. If you do encounter Personally Identifiable Information (PII) contact us immediately, do not proceed with access, and immediately purge any local information
- Provide us with a reasonable amount of time to resolve vulnerabilities prior to any disclosure to the public or a third-party
- We will consider activities conducted consistent with this policy to constitute “authorised” conduct and will not pursue civil action or initiate a complaint to law enforcement. We will help to the extent we can if legal action is initiated by a third party against you
Please submit a report to us before engaging in conduct that may be inconsistent with or unaddressed by this policy.
- Please provide detailed reports with reproducible steps and a clearly defined impact
- Submit one vulnerability per report
- Social engineering (such as phishing, vishing, smishing) is prohibited
Last modified 1yr ago