Admins are able to view all open and closed channels from this tab, as well as create a new channel. They will also be able to search for and filter channels by certain parameters.
Channels members will no longer be able to send new messages in the channel
Channels members are able to send new messages in the channel
Closes a channel. All channel members will be immediately kicked from the channel
The channel types that you can create in console are:
To create a channel:
- 1.In the side menu, select Channels.
- 2.In Channels Management section, click.
- 3.In the Create new channel pop-up, provide the following information:
- Channel ID - ID of the channel
- Display Name - channel name visible to all members of the channel
- Channel Type - select the type of channel you want to create. Options are Community, Live, and Broadcast.
- Mute Channel - check if you want to mute all members of the channel
- 4.Click Submit.
Deleting a channel can be done by calling the delete channel API. You need to pass the ID of the channel that you want to delete as the parameter.
The response below will be returned after a successful deletion