Comment on page
The Broadcast channel is heavily adopted by corporate users who constantly promote or advertise their products, or make the announcement to drive awareness. Unlink other channel types, broadcast channels only allow admin users to send messages from Console, and everyone else in the channel will be under read-only mode. Here are the steps to follow to send a broadcast message on Console.
2. Select the broadcast channel that you created and click Broadcast Message.
3. Chose the message type, and write your message.
5. Click Broadcast.
You can mention channel members in your broadcast messages by typing @ to activate mention suggestion and selecting their names in the suggestion list. Up to 30 channel members can be mentioned per message.
Admins can join a channel and view messages being sent in real-time. They also will be able to filter messages by certain parameters, check current members in the channel and modify channel details such as tags and metadata.
Admins will also be able to broadcast messages directly in the channel.
The SDK supports the sending and receiving of 5 types of messages:
Because the messages are being sent in real-time, sometimes an Admin will have difficulty moderating when the messages are appearing quickly. In this scenario, Admins can pause the incoming data stream so that they can take action on a message. This pause does not prevent users from sending messages in a channel but simply stops the Admin Panel from receiving new messages. Once the live message has been unpaused, Admin will see all the messages again.
Admins can filter what messages are to be shown on the live message stream. Currently, the SDK supports two types of filters:
- 1.Filter by Flagged Show only messages that have been flagged by admin or users
- 2.Filter by Threaded Show only messages that are parent message
The mention feature in chat can be used to call attention to all or specific members in a channel. To view the members being mentioned in a message:
- 1.Go to Channels Management and select a channel.
- 2.In the channel's page, the Mentioned users column will list the members mentioned by a specific user in a message.
@allmembers in the channel can be turned OFF:
- 1.Go to Settings > Feature Settings.
- 2.In Feature Settings page, uncheck Allow to mention everyone in channel under Events. You can check to turn ON
@all mention is turned OFF
@allmentioning will only disable mentioning all members in the channel. However, you can still mention individual members because mentioning
@usercannot be turned OFF.
*Note: Message will still be marked as sent by user but with no text.
Last modified 3mo ago